Frequently Asked Questions
Basics about renting with us
- A motorcycle license is required to rent all vehicles, except a slingshot.
- Rental periods are 5 HR, 24 HR, or multiples of 24 HR. Rentals begin by appointment between 9:30-4:30. Your rental clock starts when you pick it up You can return anytime, even if we are not there.
- Full coverage insurance required. You may provide your own motorcycle rental specific insurance or Insurance may be purchased for $25 per day, paid later at our store. Our deductible is your vehicle’s deposit. ($1000-$3000)
- Unlimited Mileage
- Vehicles come with a Full tank of gas. Please return full tank
- Our slingshots have manual transmissions.
- $30 late fee if you are more than 30 minutes late without advance notice. This is to help us manage labor costs. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Side cases/Panniers are available on some but not all rentals. Please check with one of our staff for availability.
- Customer Service. You can text or call 7 days a week at 828-735-0039 . Our main telephone is answered seven days a week as much as possible.
- Free storage in our office for your luggage or baggage.
- Roadside Assistance: If you experience a mechanical failure during your rental we will do our best to come to you to repair or replace bike if necessary. There is no fee if the issue is spontaneous.
Can I take the bike off road?
You are allowed to take our adventure and dual sport bikes off the pavement on gravel forest service and fire roads, in fact we encourage it. We have many self-guided dual sport routes for you to choose from.
What if I damage the bike?
You are responsible for any and all damage to the bike during your rental period.
If you purchase the optional Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) then you are only liable for damages up to, but not exceeding the amount of your deposit. Deposits vary by vehicle.
What if I have a mechanical breakdown?
We work hard to maintain our bikes and vehicles the best we can to prevent any type of mechanical failures. However, in the event you need roadside assistance, we will make every effort to repair or replace your rental in a timely manner.
Can I return the bike after normal business hours?
Yes. We have an after hours key drop and secure gear return locations.
Do you deliver?
Unfortunately we are not able to do deliveries at this time.
Do you have gear?
Yes, helmets, Jackets and Gloves are available at $5 per day, per piece. You can bring your own.
Are helmets mandatory?
Yes. State law requires helmets in all nearby states. NC does not require helmets for slingshots only, but TN does. We have a variety of helmets available for rental at $5 per day. Please feel free to bring your own for the best fit and comfort.
If you cancel more than 30 days prior to your rental date you get a full refund.
If you cancel less than 30 days prior to your rental due to weather or any other reason you get a store credit to use to reschedule for another time.